All Queensland properties sold from 2022 need to meet new legislative requirements
Let us help you to ensure your property settles without delay with our new Sellers Compliance Service.
If you are selling a home in QLD after January 1, 2022, you must have smoke alarms installed in the property, as per the following requirements:
Smoke alarms in the dwelling must:
- be photoelectric (AS 3786-2014)
- not also contain an ionisation sensor
- be less than 10 years old
- operate when tested
- be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together.
Smoke alarms must be installed:
- in each bedroom
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling on each storey.
Under our Sellers Compliance service, we offer the following:
- Installation of AS 3786:2014 Emerald Alarms in correct locations as per legislation at $85 per alarm - fully installed
- Seven year warranty on Emerald Alarms installed by Smoke Alarm Solutions
- Compliance report following property upgrade
- Express service available for $199 with two business day turnaround available in selected areas.
Be aware! If smoke alarms do not meet all legislative requirements, the buyer is entitled to 0.15% of the purchase price.
For additional information about the legislation, Visit the QFES website.